This fall and winter, Franklin Pierce Schools will continue to make energy efficiency improvements across the district with the help of an energy efficiency grant awarded by the state.
The projects that will be completed as a result of this work are:
- Upgrade heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) equipment and controls in the 100 building of Collins Elementary and the gymnasiums of Franklin Pierce High. Doing so will increase indoor air quality and comfort in these spaces.
- Upgrade interior lighting at Collins Elementary, GATES High, and Keithley Middle.
- Upgrade exterior lighting at Christensen Elementary, Collins Elementary, Elmhurst Elementary, and Support Services.
- Install new freezer and cooler controls at Support Services.
- Deploy "Green IT Solutions" to provide power management for approximately 4,300 computers throughout the district.
The total scope of projects is worth $847,379; $204,263 will be paid by the grant. The difference will be covered using funds from the capital levy voters approved in 2012.