For Fall 2015, PLU will award four scholarships of $5,000 each to selected students from Franklin Pierce and Washington high schools.
“The new PLU Parkland Promise Scholarship further demonstrates the university’s outreach and commitment to Franklin Pierce students and the community,” said Dr. Frank Hewins, Superintendent of Franklin Pierce Schools. “This investment is much more than just a scholarship—it is a belief in breaking the vicious cycle of poverty by assisting many first-generation college attenders to pursue their dreams.”
- Any senior from Washington or Franklin Pierce who has been admitted to PLU automatically will be considered.
- Winners will be selected based on academic success, school and community involvement, service and leadership.
- The scholarship will be in addition to any academic merit scholarship a student may already have received from PLU.
- Renewable for three additional years, this scholarship is worth $20,000 over the course of four years at PLU.
- Students must be admitted prior to March 31 to be considered. Application to PLU is free.
“We are honored to partner with our two outstanding community high schools and grateful for the great work they are doing in our community,” said David E. Gunovich, PLU Dean of Admission.