Career and Technical Student Organizations
CTSOs are offered to assist students with implementing their skills and knowledge they gain in the classroom, outside of school. Students will further their knowledge as well as get a chance to compete at the regional, state, and national level within the respective CTSO.
FCCLA - Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America (WHS)
Advisor: Marnie Patton
The purposes of FCCLA are as follows:
- to provide opportunities for personal development and preparation for adult life
- to strengthen the function of the family as a basic unit of society
- to encourage democracy through cooperative action in the home and community
- to encourage individual and group involvement in helping achieve global cooperation and harmony
- to promote greater understanding between youth and adults
- to provide opportunities for making decisions and for assuming responsibilities
- to prepare for the multiple roles of men and women in today's society
- to promote Family and Consumer Sciences and related occupations.
We meet in room 307 on every other Monday.
FBLA - Future Business Leaders of America (WHS)
Advisor: Jerry Fong
Co Advisor: Angela Rasler
FBLA is a student led organization that prepares students for life after high school regardless of the pathway they choose. Students will develop public speaking skills, participate in community service, and become stronger members of the community. In addition to developing stronger community members, students will receive the opportunity to compete at the regional, state, and national level in a variety of competitions.
We meet in room 226 on Thursdays at 2:00
Green Team - Environmental Club (FPHS)
Advisor: Jonathan Shelby
The Green Team meets weekly to discuss how to make the environment better. They discuss:
- environmental issues
- raising awareness at FPHS about making green choices
- projects to improve the environmental health of our campus
We meet weekly on Thursdays in room 702 at 3:00 PM.